We are thinking of every way possible to enjoy our freshly picked tomatoes and peppers! We served up this yummy cobb salad for supper last night and it hit the spot on a hot summer’s night!
Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
The perfect summertime salad!
- Slow Cooker
- 1 c. barbecue sauce use your favorite brand
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 6-8 chicken thighs and/or breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 tomatoes medium – large
- 1 green pepper
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 10 c. romaine lettuce chopped
- In a slow cooker, mix barbecue sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and paprika together. Add chicken and coat it with the mixture. (Use a slow cooker liner or spray the cooker with cooking spray.) Cook on low for 4-5 hours. (Meat thermometer should read 165 degrees or higher.)
- While chicken is cooking, chop the remaining ingredients.
- Tip: For cooking large amounts of bacon, we LOVE to use our oven. We line a baking sheet with foil and turn the oven to 350 degrees. Works wonderfully well!
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred. Mix in some of the sauce.
- Arrange the fixings on a platter. Let everyone "build" their own salad. Top with a dressing of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!