To know her was to love her. Iola Dahle was an amazing lady, an extraordinary cook, a meticulous gardener, and…most importantly…the farmer’s grandma. When Brent looks back on his childhood, his memories of Sundays at Grandma’s house are some of his favorites. Grandma Dahle always thought of the children and tried to make each visit and interaction special. She knew what was important! Gathering family together for dinner or a special treat helps build relationships, love, and connection. If you’re looking for the perfect treat to share with your family or special friends (OR…to enjoy completely by yourself), you’ve got to give Grandma Dahle’s Chocolate Popcorn a try! We promise, there won’t be any regrets!
Grandma’s Chocolate Popcorn
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 T. cocoa
- 2/3 c. corn syrup
- 3 T. butter
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. vanilla
- Combine sugar and cocoa well in large, heavy pan.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir until mixture comes to a boil over medium heat.
- Wash down sides of pan with water. Do not stir.
- Cook to softball stage.
- Pour over 2 gallons of popcorn.
- Stir to mix. Avoid "over stirring."