This sweet corn relish is the perfect relish to serve with tacos, pot roast, grilled chicken, and hamburgers. We love using our corn relish to top off a good fire-roasted hotdog! You’ll definitely want to keep some of this summery goodness in your pantry.
Sweet Corn Relish
- Hot Water Bath
- 10 c. whole kernel corn cut off of the cob
- 1 small head cabbage (shredded)
- 6 medium sweet onions chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers chopped
- 1 qt. cider vinegar
- 4 c. sugar
- 2 t. ground turmeric
- 2 t. dry mustard
- 2 t. celery seed
- 2 t. salt
- Combine corn, cabbage, onions, green peppers, and red peppers in a very large Dutch oven or heavy pan.
- Stir the remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour over the vegetables and mix together well.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle relish into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Tighten lids. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for at least one week to blend flavors together.